Progress 64 West, and our community partners, proudly sponsor the Louis S. Sachs Scholarship.
The Louis S. Sachs Scholarship awards up to $7,500 in scholarships to area high school seniors each year. Special thanks to the scholarship sponsors Doster, Ullom & Boyle, American Direct Marketing, and Stinson for their ongoing support.
About The Scholarship:
Progress 64 West will award scholarships totaling $7,500 to two area high school seniors attending schools along the I-64/Highway 40 corridor. The awards are funded through the organization’s annual Louis S. Sachs Scholarship program and are awarded to graduating seniors based upon their submission of an Executive Summary of a Business Plan.
Two college scholarships will be awarded as follows:
One $5,000 scholarship, paid in two installments of $2,500 – one for the student’s first year of college and another for the second year, provided the student maintains a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 during the first year, is enrolled in school full-time and is otherwise in good standing.
One $2,500 scholarship, paid in one installment for the student’s first year of college. At the discretion of Progress 64 West, scholarships may be paid directly to the college or university the winning student attends.
Scholarship Eligibility &
The Louis S. Sachs Sachs Scholarship is awarded annually in honor of the late Louis S. Sachs, a visionary entrepreneur. Accordingly, Progress 64 West is looking for applicants who have entrepreneurial dreams.
• To be eligible to apply for the Louis S. Sachs Scholarship, a student must be a high school senior in the Parkway, Rockwood, Francis Howell, Fort Zumwalt, or Wentzville School District areas. Students attending private schools and home schools within theses areas are also eligible.
• To receive scholarship funds, a student must be enrolled as a full-time student attending an accredited junior college, college or university.
• To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must submit their Executive Summary of a Business Plan no later than Friday, October 26, 2019.
• Progress 64 West representatives may interview applicants prior to awarding the scholarships.
• To be considered for a scholarship, an applicant must submit a proposed Executive Summary of a Business Plan that includes:
- a description of the business concept, including nature of the business, mission, objectives, philosophy and values, and contribution to the community;
- market analysis, including market need, competition and strategy to meet the need and successfully and profitably compete;
- business operations, including necessary management, employees, vendors, professional assistance, facility and technology;
- sales and marketing strategies, tactics and techniques;- sources and uses of funds necessary to start and operate the business.